Sunday, December 2, 2012

Recipe 1 - My December Challenge

It's been a crazy week.  I spent a couple of days at Children's Hospital sitting in a rocking chair while Luke laid in a bed undergoing treatment for his Indeterminate Colitis.

While at the hospital on Thursday, as the hours ticked by and with my laptop being my best friend, I decided I would log in to Pinterest.  And.....pinning began.  If I was able to accomplish everything I pinned, my bathroom would be remodeled, Christmas gifts would be made and a cookbook published.  Then came this brilliant idea.....let's find and make a new recipe every day for the month of December.  If I could have moved my kitchen into that hospital room, I would  be well on my way. except for the fact it wasn't yet December.  Oh the things I come up with when I'm sitting with my computer with no place to go.  What's even crazier is the fact I posted my brilliant idea on Facebook for all to see.  So as to not disappoint myself and accept the challenge I presented to myself, I made my first new recipe last night...Pumpkin Pie Croissants.

The recipe can be found here: http://www.justapinch.com/recipe/lucille-hoerle/pumpkin-pie-croissant/quick-easy-vegetarian-healthy-other-dessert-for-kids#.UHBlzy0-WnM.pinterest

 
 
It was an easy recipe with a great taste.  It's just what the day called for. 

And, while enjoying one of these croissants, I received another treat - a picture text of my Little Lucy.


Isn't she the cutest?

I had the blessing of soaking up all of this in my decorated house.


It's absolutely my favorite time of year. 

There is no time to rest, I need to find another recipe. 

Happy Sunday Everyone!

Psalms 107:8  Let them thank the LORD for his steadfast love, for his wondrous works to the children of man!   

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com