Saturday, June 25, 2011

No time for lazing

What a day it has been.  I woke up bright and early this morning to my puppy Riley pawing at me. She is an early riser like myself. There's no time to sleep the day away. There are things to do and places to go. So out of bed we climbed.


I set out for Pataskala this morning to Makes Scents Candles to buy some supplies.  On the way, I decided that a Starbucks was just what I needed to get through my errands. However, before Starbucks I made a stop at Michaels Arts & Crafts in search of 6 3/8 inch terra cotta saucers. I was fortunate to find 11 on the shelves of which I purchased ALL.



Once home, I cleaned out Jacob's closet so my husband Dan could scrape the last of the ceiling. While Dan scraped, I stripped border and scrubbed the walls.  We are now ready to apply primer to the ceiling and Spackle the walls.  The goal is to start the laminate floors next weekend.  Until then....paint, paint and more paint.



Once my work was done, I settled down with a hot cup of tea and the book "the me I want to be" by john ortberg.  I pray that by reading it, God will show me who He wants me to be.  As I read, a couple of statements stood out to me:

"Life is not about any particular achievement or experience. The most important task of your life is not what you do, but who you become."

"...God did not create you to be anybody else. He pre-wired your temperament. He determined your natural gifts and talents. He made you to feel certain passions and desires. He planned your body and mind. Your uniqueness is God-designed."

I realize that when I question who I am, I question God's design of me. And, as the psalmist says, "Know that the LORD Himself is God. It is He who made us, and not we ourselves."

And so, my summer adventures continue.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com